Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Will I Have Follow Thru??

I damn well better...

After my numerous posts about Younghouselove.com (and yes, there will always be more posts about them..they are awesome), I've finally gotten myself a YHL worth project!  Andy and I have been entering the antique mall world lately in search of awesome and CHEAP finds.  We started this on our way home from Steamboat and managed to find just a couple funky horse hooks (I'll post pics of those soon).  I did fall in love with a "gossip chair" at an antique mall in Nebraska but due to some serious luggage, we couldn't fit it in.  Fast forward a couple weeks and we've hit up a couple more stops closer to home.  We found a handful of things in Gurnee including a copper lidded box, a bronze Irish Setter doorstop, and a couple smaller items.  The Irish Setter doorstop has found a resting place on my bookshelf for the moment but I have visions of painting it a glossy navy blue in the future...we'll see. 

This past weekend we drove up to Kenosha and found a really great place that had a TON of stuff for SUPER cheap.  We drove home with a cool retro cocktail glass/tray set, a holy water thingy (sorry for my lack of correct terms), and A GOSSIP CHAIR!!!  Yup, that's right folks, I found myself a gossip chair in need of a little YHL love!

Unique Retro Gossip Chair.  27 x 19 x 31.  $95

This isn't the actual chair but it's pretty much exactly the same.  Mine is the same design with just slightly darker wood and a pretty ugly floral fabric on the seat.  From just first glance, I think the original seat is underneath and I'm pretty sure it's a vinyl similar to the one seen here.  The one pictured was listed online for $95.  The one I got was a pretty $48!!  I've started the search for some fabric to cover the seat and I've decided I'm leaning toward something along these lines:

Waverly Chippendale Fretwork Decorative Designer Print Fabric by the Yard for Upholstery, Curtains54'' Wide Swavelle/Mill Creek Indoor/Outdoor Faylinn Mandarin Fabric By The Yard 54'' Wide Waverly Buzzing About Silver Lining Fabric By The Yard

I'm most interested in the green but I'm not 100% sold.  I'm also planning on re-staining the chair to a nice dark brown which will match the rest of the furniture. 

I promise I'll post pictures of the before and after (and the rest of my booty) as soon as I can!!  Try not to get too excited!

No comments: