Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Afternoon Delight



I'll admit it, I don't really have a plan for this blog post.  I saw these cute pink drinks and just felt the overwhelming urge to sit outside in the sun.  I'm so sick of cold and yuck that I don't know what to do with myself.  It's been thunderstorming here in Chicago the past couple of days and I kinda like it.  It's come with some ice showers and hail but I'm also taking it as the sign that spring is almost here! Andy and I spent Sunday running silly errands which included looking at a bike for me (mine is half bike- half rust ball from sitting in my old condo storage area for 5 years) and going to Costco.  While at Costco, we wandered across a clear tabletop beverage dispenser.  It holds 3 gallons of beverages and has a built in container to hold ice (not to add to your drink but to keep the drinks cold).  We both immediately pictured sitting outside on a nice sunny day and filling that baby to the top with some sort of afternoon concoction! Since then, I've managed to add playing games, music, appetizers, a suntan, and these adorable butterfly glasses into my personal version of this daydream.  In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, this also takes place starting at about 11 a.m. on a sunny Saturday afternoon after taking my pretty new bike on a ride...ahhhhh...that's the ticket...

No comments: