Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Inappropriate Laughing

So I feel as though I've had a problem with inappropriate laughing lately...not the sort where you laugh instead of cry or when something horrible happens to someone else..the sort where you are in a quiet environment and you have to seriously work to not laugh SUPER loud at something.  This tends to be more of an issue for me as I WORK IN A LIBRARY!

Anyway, yesterday this happened because I decided that I should try listening to a friend's podcast (Good Guys To Know) while on the elliptical at the gym.  First of all, can I say, it was a great way to pass the elliptical workout time!  These podcasts are hilarious and strangely informative...But! The first one I listened to included the 4 guys who make up this podcast explaining how they challenged each other to memorize as many digits of Pi as possible. No, I didn't plan this to celebrate "pi day".  Being the math hater that I am, I didn't expect this to be funny.  Ummmm..it was..like ridiculously funny..I laughed out loud so many times and so loud while working out that I'm positive people thought I was a total freak.

Today, I decided to check in with Jen Lancaster's blog "Jennsylvania" and had another one of those try-not-to-shriek-laugh-while-at-work moments.  Her blog post today is in response to yesterday's request for people to give her a brief blurb that details something that other people don't know.  Today, Jen highlighted a couple of her favorites which were all pretty funny.  However, this one in particular was what made me almost die laughing:

Elaine N. wrote:  I have slight nerve damage in my ears that caused me to walk like a tiger for my neurologist. He ask me to "Walk like a ti(insert mumble here)." He repeated himself for me, including the mumble. I heard "Walk like a tiger." Despite the fact that I thought it was odd, I put my hands up like paws and prowled across the office. He looked at me like I was frickin nuts and said, "No, one foot in front of the other" and walked like he was taking a sobriety test. I did the walk while thinking, "Tigers don't walk like this..." Only after I got home did I realize that he said "Walk like a TIGHTROPE". Needless to say, I didn't go back. The only way it could have been worse would be if I growled while tiger walking!

If that didn't make you laugh, I don't know what will...in fact, I can't even look straight at the words right now because I'll laugh again.  The 3rd time I read it, it made me cry laughing. 

p.s. Jen also totally freaked me out by mentioning OB tampons being discontinued.  THEY ARE NOT.  There is just a weird OB shortage evidently.  Just fyi.

No comments: