Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Euro-Blog-Hopping

It's good to know that customers can be incredibly dense no matter where they reside.  I wandered across this blog post from London..For those of you in customer service--Enjoy!

http://jen-campbell.blogspot.com/2011/05/weird-things-customers-say-in-bookshops.html

Customer: Could you recommend a book for my grandson? He's two.
Me: Sure, what about this book - 'I Really Want to Eat a Child' by Sylviane Donnio? It's about a little crocodile who really wants to eat a child, but his parents try and make him eat bananas instead.
Customer: That sounds very violent.
Me: No, no, it's amusing; the kids love it.
Customer: I don't think it's a very good message to send to him.
Me: It won't make him a cannibal, I promise.
Customer: I think something with flowers would be better.


Check out the rest of her blog too...it's pretty hilarious...

2 comments:

Pharon Square said...

Hahaha! I just read this to my friend at work (at a children's publishing company) and we were crying we were laughing so hard! It's funny the kinds of books kids gravitate to, even though adults are all "Blech, what a horrible concept/title/story!" Love it...

Anonymous said...

Did you see the one with the customer asking for the sperm cookbook??? SERIOUSLY?!?!