Tuesday, March 6, 2012

No You Don't Have Narcolepsy

Sometimes my 83 year old library boyfriend, Dave, just makes my day....


Dave: Hello! I've missed you baby!
Me: Thanks, Dave.  What can I help you with tonight?
Dave: I'm going to a sleep center tomorrow and I'm filling out their survey.  I sleep just fine but sometimes I'm still real tired during the day. My doctor thinks maybe it has to do with snoring or something....Anyway, there's a question on here 'Do you or anyone in your family have a history of narcolepsy?' What's that? What's narcolepsy?
Me: (I give him the definition and explain that it's kinda like when you spontaneously fall asleep and can't control it) So, you probably don't have that...otherwise I think you'd know...
Dave: Oooohhhh nooooooo....I don't have that...but I don't know...I mean, sometimes when I'm in my easy chair, I can't help it....


No, Dave, I'm pretty sure you aren't narcoleptic....and I'm also pretty sure that your sleepiness during the day might be due to the fact that you're 83 years old...and because you're calling everyone you see on television to give them your thoughts on their acting/journalism skills/opinions/wardrobe/political views/etc....

Oh Dave...

No comments: