Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Reading For Pepperoni


I miss reading for pizza.  I do.  I really, really do.

When I was in elementary school, they offered the Pizza Hut Book It! program.  I don't remember exactly what the book goal was but it was something along the lines of "read 10 books, get a free personal pan pizza and a sticker for your cool hologram button".  Being as I grew up in a little Minnesota town who's closest restaurant pizza option was driving miles into town to pick up a Hot Stuff from the grocery store before driving back home (and probably popping it in the oven to heat back up), going to Pizza Hut was like a mini fantastical vacation.  Go to Fargo or Detroit Lakes, sit down at fancy pizza place, show them your proof of book reading, get magic personal pan pizza.  Cue angels singing.

Turns out, Pizza Hut still offers this program! Granted, for kids...but whatever! For the love of pizza gods, can they offer an adult version of this???


No comments: