Thursday, July 26, 2012

Things I've Randomly Thought About Today

I've decided my interest in novels with unlikeable main characters is linked closely to my love of judge shows.  When reading books with characters that are morally lacking or otherwise un-cheer-worthy, I enjoy picking them apart and judging their every decision.  I spend the book plotting out what I think they should do or should have done and how those around them should be reacting.  Same goes for watching judge shows (Dear Judge Mathis, you are my favorite. I will hug you if I see you on the street. Love, Madeline. Dear Judge Alex, you are a close runner up. Don't feel bad about yourself.  Big fan, buddy! Love, Madeline.) I like watching the hilariously moronic people that have in some way harmed someone else try to justify their actions.  I love watching the different judge's line of questioning and patting myself on the back when my "judgment" matches theirs.  Maybe I was meant to be a television judge in my next life. I hope Judge Judy passes the money rake to me when she's done.

I read today that there will be a graphic novel version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo published in the upcoming year.  The movie was harsh enough.  I don't think I need to see artistic renderings of those scenes.

There is also a book called The MILF Diet coming out. Seriously? I'm going to write a book and title it The 80's Child Diet. It's going to basically say to cut out all Mountain Dew, Cool Ranch Doritos, and Hot Stuff pizza...But to eat more Jell-o and add in more Dirty Dancing.  Just think how much weight people are going to lose!!

 After discussing the topic with Pharon, I've come to the realization that picking your wedding date is the next most important thing besides picking the rings you'll wear forever.  Namely because it's the ONE THING that NEVER changes for your whole marriage...I feel bad for the people who picked sucky dates like 1/19/64 or 9/7/03...I don't even know if those fall on Saturdays but they sound and look ugly. *Side note- Pharon, both your dates sound awesome so you're good to go.


 We have new basement furniture coming tomorrow!! Yippee!! Granted, it's just a new media console and chair but that's like 75% of the room!  I've been told that I have 3 months to get the basement redone..So after this, I just need to paint, select which art will stay, and find a way to tie it all together..
Turner Leather Armchair
I'm almost finished with Loving Frank by Nancy Horan.  I HIGHLY recommend it.  I had no idea how much of a jerk Frank Lloyd Wright was in real life.  Upcoming books include WMF Seeks BFF by Rachel Bertsche, Maine by Courtney J. Sullivan, Home Front by Kristin Hannah, The Odds by Stewart O'Nan, I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Kill You Twice by Chelsea Cain, The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker, and last but not least, The Twelve by Justin Cronin.  I think I've balanced the girly fluff with some things a bit more weighty..maybe not...I don't care! I'm going to the lake a week from Saturday and I'm gonna read whatever I want! Judge me all you want! 

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PHARON NEXT SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
So as of right now, those are the things I've thought of so far today...Probably not ALL of it but most of it...It's not like you want to know about my work thoughts or anything....


2 comments:

Pharon Square said...

Woo hoo! Woo hoo! Woo hoo! Those are three "woo hoo"s for the three things that I love about this post. 1) Judge Mathis. 2) good books 3) YOU, seeing ME very soon!

Pharon Square said...

Woo hoo! (That's a fourth one for you helping me figure out my wedding date! You're the bestest friend eva!)