Friday, March 8, 2013

Stop The Excuses

I've heard a lot of people lately saying "I had a job/kids/life. I didn't have time to read!" or "I don't know who has time to read?!"

I call bullshit.

Turn off the television.

I'm not saying you need to turn off the tv from 7-10 p.m. That's just ridiculous.  I'm saying you should spend 15 minutes reading a book before you go to bed.  Or for 5 minutes when you get up in the morning while having your cup of coffee.  Or maybe during your lunch break instead of cruising Pintrest for the 900th appetizer recipe you think you'll need sometime.


I'm not saying it has to be a TON of time.  I'm just saying that I'm really sick of hearing "I don't have time"

Yes you do, you just choose not to use it to read.

p.s. Just because I do find time to read, doesn't mean I have a less important life than you, don't watch television (I watch a LOT of television), don't get errands done, don't have a social life, and must have massive amounts of free time.

p.p.s. I also make dinner most nights and go to the gym. Oh, and I sleep 8-9 hours a night.  Knock off the excuses.

No comments: