Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chicago Craft Beer Week!

Chicago Craft Beer Week / May 19-27, 2011

It's here!!  Chicago Craft Beer Week is here!!

All this week there are different events going on in the city promoting many of the amazing craft brewers around the area.  Unfortunately, I'm not able to go to nearly as many of the events that I'd like but I do have tickets for a sweet event on Saturday!

History Pub Crawls Logo
The Chicago Historical Society regularly hosts historical pub tours.  This Saturday, they are hosting a pub crawl of Chicago's Greatest Dives.  This goes from 5-8 p.m. and you're taken around to the different pubs by trolley.  There is enough time at each location to have a cocktail while the guide explains the historical significance of the spot.  I've been dying to go to one of these tours since my co-worker, Julie, told me about them a couple months ago.  The only issue is that they regularly host them during the week.  Which isn't so convenient for a suburban gal like myself!  Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's going to be awesome and I've already started scoping out which one I'd like to attend next!
Chicago Historical Society Pub Crawls

There's also an even at Fizz at Lincoln and Ashland on Saturday that should be pretty cool.  The only issue with that was trying to attend 5 hours of drinking there and then follow it with another 3 hours on the pub crawl...turns out, I probably wouldn't be what you call functional by about 6.  Next year!!
Fizz

In the spirit of the awesomeness of the week, here are a couple more sites to check out!  Get your craft beer motors running!

Chicago Foodies

Home
Revolution Brewing


Metropolitan Brewing











Two Brothers Brewery



Beer Bistro in the West Loop

Hopleaf
Hopleaf in Uptown


Firkin in Libertyville

And just because I love great beer---a couple of my personal favorites!

beer_gm
Victory Brewing

Find out more about Spotted Cow.
New Glarus Brewing Company


Grain Belt Beer

No comments: