Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Wish I Was A Little Food Blogger

wishiwasballerwishihadagirlifididiwouldcallher

ok, so a little bit of a stretch with the title of today's post but it makes me smile...that's really what counts here, people...

I'm lucky enough that I live with a fab-o guy who can pull together a well rounded delicious meal on a regular basis...but I try to have a plan for the week so we aren't scrambling at the end of the day...

This week, I've found some pretty good recipes on SkinnyTaste.com and I thought I'd pass them on for those of you trying to stay low cal!


Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini Boats

These took a while to make as I decided not to use the store bought enchilada sauce that I had on hand and used the recipe to make my own...I mean, it was the fab-o guy's birthday after all!  I also had to cook and shred the chicken so that took some time...But it was definitely worth the effort and the leftovers were good the next day too!

Only things I would do differently-- they don't specify if you're supposed to puree the ancho chiles so I took them out..I would puree them into the sauce to thicken it up next time...also reminds me to make a batch of shredded chicken and freeze them in packets so I don't have to shred...shredding chicken sucks...also, I'd probably add beans on the side as well as some avocado...bout it!


Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts

I am making this one tonight so I don't have an actual review yet but I'm excited and it sounds really yummy..I'll let you know how it is!


Mango Coconut Chia Pudding

Also on the agenda to prep tonight for breakfast tomorrow! I've heard a lot of great stuff about using Chia seeds in pudding form so we'll see how that goes.

No comments: