Friday, May 24, 2013

Random Tidbit Friday

Just a couple thoughts I've had today:

1) Amanda Bynes is officially NUTS with a capital N  U  T and S.


This picture is from People.com

My trusted source for all news of crazy.

Which corner store sold her this wig saying "oooohhh guuuurrrllll you look GOOD!"

Also, I don't know what the hell is going on with her parents, supposedly she is no longer speaking to them, but if this were me- my parents would be going door to courthouse door trying to get me in a hospital.

I don't care if she's a grown woman, believes herself to be sane, and has a bubble magically surrounding herself-- WHERE THE EFF ARE YOUR PARENTS???

2) McDonalds has all of their calorie counts on their menus now.  I realize this is not meant for people like me.  Mainly because I go to McDonalds rarely enough that if I'm going there, it's because I have a purpose and no other choice.  I also will not at that point, be swayed by calorie counts.  I'm getting my chicken nuggets and I'm calling it a day.  But now, I'm just going to feel extra crappy/guilty the entire time I'm there and while I'm eating my food.  I also find it hard to believe that people who are going to Micky D's on a regular basis are swayed by this information.  If you're eating at Micky D's on a daily basis, you've got bigger problems than the caloric difference between 2 cheeseburgers and a fish filet sandwich. I keep trying to think of situations where the calorie count would make my decision for me and I can't think of one. Even if I'm just going in for a snack, I probably already have it in my head that I'm getting an apple pie or a sundae....the low calorie apple slices are not going to change my mind..

3) I cannot wait to get back into our library's permanent location because
a) I have the belief that none of my coworkers struggle with getting pee or worse on the toilet seat.  I hope I am not proven wrong.
b) Fiction will be quiet and I won't have to listen to all of the junk going on in other departments that makes me bonkers.  Sometimes it just sounds like we're in a monkey house and I'm glad to see that end.
c) This temporary location should be condemned.  The roof leaks, there are bugs coming out of the floor drains in the bathroom, the power doesn't seem to be fully stable, and I'm pretty sure the entire place is filled with mold and barf.  Maybe not but I wouldn't be surprised.
d) I just can't wait to be somewhere that is clean.  Clean shelves, clean desks, clean everything.

4) SPA DAY TOMORROW!!!!!!!!! I am planning on going to an extra hard class at the gym tomorrow because in my head, that will make my massage feel extra super good.  Something about that logic doesn't quite make sense with me but it's what I'm telling myself.  Also, they're doing my makeup at the end and I'm pretty concerned that I'll look like a horrible Mary Kay makeover from 1986.  I am much less concerned about this than I am about getting the most out of my massage.



No comments: