Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I'm No Click And Clack


*no idea where this picture is from...

But I'm pretty sure that even if you're 85 years old, you still know that the value of a car with 1 mile on it is drastically different than a car with 100,000 miles on it?

An elderly woman just called the library demanding that I look up the value of a car her son in Wisconsin wants to buy.
"IT'S A CHRYSLER 200!"

"Can't you just look it up on the Kelley book??"

"Ma'am, we would need a lot more information like what year the car is, how many miles it has, what sort of condition it's in?"

"You WOULD????? You mean, there's a price difference if the car is new and if it's got some miles on it???"

I guess if you've never done anything but look out your window and magically found a car in your driveway every couple years, you might never know?  I don't know....

No comments: