Saturday, September 14, 2013

Almost Like Having A Chef

I'll admit it.  I'm a decent cook but I am not as impressive with meal planning. I go in streaks where I'm really good at planning out all our meals for the week and then I go weeks not having a single plan except "I'll email Andy 5 minutes before work to see if he has any ideas for dinner"

Enter Blue Apron

Blue Apron is a service that delivers all the makings for 3 meals for 2 people directly to your doorstep every single week.  They send all the fresh ingredients in the exact portions that you'll need for each recipe.

We just got our first box today so I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty excited.  Truthfully, I've not even seen the box in person yet but I've got some promising looking pictures!





Which should all translate to something like this:

















All the meals break down to about $10/person.  Which I find to be fairly reasonable considering I don't have to go driving all around to get the different ingredients and I won't be throwing away a bunch of slimy green onions when I don't use the entire 42 that seem to come in a bag. Oh, and to top it off, they claim that each meal takes only about 35 minutes to prepare.

I think I'll give the first recipe a shot tomorrow night!

Review to come!

2 comments:

Perter James said...

Verdict?

M. Librarian said...

It is AWESOME! Seriously, so good and it's so fun to make a meal that is not only good but is interesting! These are not meals that I would ever probably make on my own because they would seem too complicated and would require a lot of work rounding up ingredients...but after being given every single thing you need and having really easy directions in front of you, it's a piece of cake! Best thing ever. I'm planning on posting a full review with pics soon!