Thursday, June 25, 2015

Be Good To Yourself



I've been trying to be good to myself lately.  Every time I workout and start to think "ugh, I wish I wasn't doing this" I try to make a conscious effort to thank myself for being there and remind myself that I'm there to help my body.  I've been getting acupuncture done lately and while laying on the table I repeat "Good job, body. We're doing good things!"

Is this a totally normal thing to do?  I don't know.  Maybe not all the time.  For me, right now, it is.

But I think the quote above is a pretty good idea of how to live your life.  And certainly the way I'd like to live mine.  I want to eat great food without being concerned about calories (within moderation or with exercise of course!), I want to jump off the end of the dock into fresh cold lake water, I'd rather fill up days with adventure than regret sitting at home, and I'd like to make sure people know I love them.

Last but not least, I'd rather be weird than boring.

No comments: